“Try fasting! Do more cardio! Eat kale!”
One-size-fits-all recommendations like these ignore one important truth: everyone is different. What worked for some won’t necessarily work for you.
That’s where Oura comes in.
What is Oura?
Oura empowers you to transform your health by combining a smart ring equipped with advanced sensor technology and an easy-to-use app to deliver personalized insights straight from the most reliable source: your body.
Wake up to Readiness, Sleep, and Activity insights built for you, and dive deeper into Oura’s in-app guidance to optimize your daily routines.
Why is Oura Different?
Oura is designed to provide both accuracy and comfort without compromise. With precise sensors, Oura packs state of the art heart rate, heart rate variability, temperature, activity, and sleep monitoring technology into a convenient, non-invasive ring.
Accuracy Above All
When you visit your doctor, there’s a reason they measure your pulse from the finger and not the wrist—it’s the ideal source for accurate and reliable data. Oura puts this passion for accuracy into practice by:
- Measuring from your finger: Rather than settling for the capillaries on the surface of your wrist, Oura measures from the arteries within your fingers. The ring form factor also minimizes movement—sealing signals off from outside light without having to tighten a strap.
- Prioritizing the right sensors: Oura uses infrared light photoplethysmography (PPG), which reaches deeper than the green light LEDs found in most other wearables.
- Taking your temperature: Oura is one of the only wearables that measures your temperature directly from your skin. Many wearables don’t track body temperature at all, and others only capture the temperature of your external environment, not your body. Temperature is one of your core vital signs and can reveal key insight about your current body status.
- Constantly validating: While Oura is not a medical device, its capabilities are near perfect when compared to advanced medical technologies.
- Resting heart rate: 99.9% reliability compared to medical-grade electrocardiogram (ECG) and validated against the sleep lab golden standard – PSG. Read the study.
- Heart rate variability: 98.4% reliability compared to medical-grade ECG. Read the study.
- Temperature: Measures changes as small as 0.01 °C.
Tailored to You
With each person comes a unique version of “normal.” Rather than base your averages on impersonal details like age and weight, Oura gets to know you—providing a personalized set of baselines to help you achieve your goals and reach your potential.
Oura understands your normal and lets you know you when something seems off. Whether it’s disrupted sleep after a night out, or a negative Readiness trend after a stressful month at work—Oura helps you understand what’s happening on the inside.
Easy to Use
Getting up to speed with Oura is a simple process, and its small form factor and lack of a tight wrist band ensures your normal routine carries on uninterrupted.
- Sleep soundly: The Oura Ring is one of the smallest and most comfortable ways to monitor your sleep. With no flashing lights or vibrations, Oura maintains its low profile—ensuring you stay sound asleep.
- Keep your routine: Go about your day without having to worry about tightening a strap or packing a charger. Oura’s strong battery life lasts up to one week and its diamond-like carbon coating means it is water resistant up to 100m and can withstand temperatures from saunas to ice baths.
Use Your Favorite Apps
Oura’s sleep monitoring is unrivaled, but other tools are awesome when it comes to measuring activity and are, oftentimes, essential parts of a healthy routine.
With Oura’s Apple Health and Google Fit integrations, you can continue using your favorite workout apps while wearing your ring. Link your Apple Health or Google Fit account, and import items directly into your Oura app.
What Does Oura Measure?
Your personal health metrics are wrapped up into three simple scores: Readiness, Sleep, and Activity.
To generate your scores, Oura prioritizes nighttime measurements, which are key indicators of your current body status. As daytime readings are more likely to reflect daily stressors or lifestyle variables, nighttime is the best opportunity to get an accurate representation of your overall well being due to your body being in a consistent state.
With this in mind, Oura’s daytime readings are purposefully more limited to ensure you get the best, and most accurate insights.
Join Our Community
With Oura, you don’t need to be a medical professional, fitness enthusiast, or yoga master (though you totally can be!) to understand your health; all you need is a willingness to listen and learn from the only expert that matters: your body.
What makes Oura different? We acknowledge that everyone is unique. Oura may be in a league of its own, but it’s far from exclusive. Join the Oura Community, and experience the difference firsthand with:
- A free subscription to Oura’s Newsletter. Get clear and relevant information delivered to you weekly, so you feel empowered to own your own health.
- Opportunities to engage directly with the Oura team to request features, leave feedback, or ask questions. Oura’s innovation is inspired by you.
- A cooperative and collaborative community whose goal is to help each member unlock their inner potential.