Sleep is a Global Movement
Learn more about sleep and Oura.
WE WANT TO HELP YOU LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE.
When you sleep, your body and mind regenerate from the stress of the day. Getting enough restorative sleep helps you manage weight, stay healthier, be more productive and perform at your best.
We at Oura believe that great days start with good sleep and that’s why we created the Oura ring.
Why sleep matters
Sleep should be thought of as an active state – even though you don’t remember most of what happens during the night.
How to get more deep sleep
Deep sleep is the time when our bodies are working hardest to recover – strengthening our minds and repairing our bodies from the previous day’s physical exertion.
Night-time heart rate and recovery
A lower resting heart rate during the night is a sign of good recovery and health. By looking at your heart rate curve you can also see the effects of circadian misalignment, late meals, late workouts, alcohol or sickness.
What is Oura?
The Oura ring is a smart ring that helps you understand and improve your sleep by:
- Improving the quality of your sleep with daily tips and advice
- Suggesting the best days to exercise and the best days to rest
- Finding your optimal bedtime
The Oura ring connects with the free Oura app that gives you daily insights based on how your body is reacting to your lifestyle. The ring tracks heart rate, heart rate variability, movement, and body temperature. The battery lasts up to 7 days.
Who uses Oura?
Oura is used in over 70 countries worldwide. It’s used, for example, by:
- Business professionals who want to find the right balance between rest and work
- Athletes who want to optimize their performance
- Anyone who wants to find ways to improve their health by improving their sleep
What can I learn with Oura?
The Oura ring is a tool for getting to know yourself better. With Oura you can, for example:
- See how restful and restorative your sleep is
- Find out when to go bed for the best possible night’s sleep
- See how lifestyle choices, such as meal timings or alcohol intake, affect your sleep
- Track menstrual cycles
Staying balanced when life gets busy isn’t easy. This is the lesson the founders of Oura learned during their fast-paced, long careers in international business and technology. In 2013, they founded the Finnish health tech company Oura Health Ltd. to create a smart ring that is as unique as its wearer.
- 2013: Founded in Oulu, Finland
- 03/2015: Oura ring launched in San Francisco
- 08/2015: Successful Kickstarter campaign
- 01/2016: CES Best of Innovation Award
- 11/2017: Announcing the new Oura ring
- 2018: Oura receives two Red Dot Awards: Product Design & Communication Design
- 2018: Oura ring awarded as Product of the Year at Helsinki Design Awards
- 7/2018: New growth phase: US industry expertise and 12.5M€ in total private funding
The Oura rings are designed and manufactured in Finland.