From the hardware to the software, one of the most accurate wearables in the world just got better.
- Daytime Heart Rate: Powered by a new suite of green LED sensors. Seeing your heart rate throughout the day and in real-time help you understand how your body responds to your routines, meals, stress levels, and environment. How does an extra cup of coffee or an especially stressful period impact your heart rate?
- Workout Heart Rate: Powered by a new suite of green LED sensors. Record your heart rate during runs, walks, and bike rides, and receive post-workout insights to help you understand the relationship between your workouts and your health. You’ll also receive a post-activity dashboard showing location, distance, and key heart rate stats. Coming to Gen3 in late 2021, with Workout Heart Rate your Oura Ring becomes a full-featured, low-profile workout tracker.1
- Improved Sleep Staging: One of the most accurate sleep trackers on the market is getting even better with enhanced sleep accuracy, closely matching the gold standard sleep lab test. New state-of-the-art sleep staging coming in 2022.2
- Upgraded to 7 Temperature Sensors: Oura uses your temperature data to help you discover when you may be getting sick (sometimes even before you experience any symptoms).
- Period Prediction: Your temperature data is also used to visualize your menstrual cycle and predict your period each month, so you’re always prepared. Instead of assuming that your period is on the same day each month, Oura accurately predicts your period based on the fluctuations in your body temperature as it naturally changes with the hormonal changes throughout your menstrual cycle.
- New Library of Wellness Content: Included in your Oura Membership, get a new library of science-backed education content and guided wellness sessions. Produced alongside world-renowned experts, Oura’s ever-growing content library includes meditation, sleep, breathwork sessions, and more designed to help you feel better, recover, learn, and perform. Available later this year.3
Oura Ring Gen2 vs. Oura Ring Gen3
The Oura Ring Generation 2 was groundbreaking and played a crucial role in hundreds of thousands of people’s health journeys. So how could it get better? Check out this breakdown to see what’s new in Gen3.
1: Coming to Gen3 in late 2021
2: Coming to Gen3 in 2022
3: Coming to Gen3 in late 2021