The new Oura app is now available on the Google Play Store for phones running Android 6.0 and higher. You can use the redesigned Android app with the first and the new Oura ring. A big thanks goes out to everyone who used the Open Beta version of the Android app and gave us valuable feedback.
If you’ve been using the Open Beta version of the app, your app will automatically be updated to the official version 2.2.0.
If you have the first Oura app (version 0.168.2) and don’t have automatic updates enabled, you can update your app manually in Google Play.
- Find the Oura app on the Google Play Store.
- Tap the button that says “Update”.
- Open the app, and continue using it from where you left off.
None of your data will be lost when you start using the new Oura app. For more info and instructions, see the Oura Help pages.
How Does the Oura App Help You Improve Sleep
Compared to the first Oura app the improvements include:
- A new main view. Quick access to sleep, readiness and activity insights and scores. Share them easily with friends.
- Add notes and tags to your timeline to keep a detailed daily track of your behavior.
- Informative trend views of your daily, weekly and monthly sleep, readiness and activity data.
- Your daily restful moments, such as naps, are displayed in your timeline and Readiness view.
- After the app has collected enough body signal data and learnt about your unique daily rhythms, you can get advice on the most suitable bedtime window for you.
- Enhanced Readiness view with night-time heart rate variability curve and average nocturnal respiratory rate.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Oura app, read this article.