Thank you for sharing this journey with us
Find out what's happening with your Oura order.
For many of you, the wait for your Oura ring has been long. We have heard your questions, but we have not been able to answer them fully. We have asked you to trust us, but we have been unable to live up to your trust. We apologize for that as a company, and I am also personally apologizing as the CEO of Oura.
Years ago we started working on a ring that would help you reach your full potential through better sleep. In November 2017, we announced the new Oura ring. We never dared to dream that it would become so popular this quickly, and that we’d see so many people we admire wearing the Oura ring. In fact, it was so successful that we have had problems fulfilling all the orders, despite growing the team and solving several bottlenecks in production.
We were very optimistic that we could fulfill all the orders in the time we promised. We were wrong. And while we can’t change the past, we certainly can learn from it. To start regaining your trust, this is what we’re committed to:
1. Realistic shipping estimates
In the past, we have made the mistake of estimating shipping times based on probabilities and majorities. We estimated that the majority of rings would be sent by a certain date and shared that date with you. Going forward, we will give the latest date by which your ring will be shipped. Many will be shipped earlier, but none later.
• We’ve shipped over 50,000 rings and are shipping over 2,500 every week.
• We’re scaling a second manufacturing site and already are looking for a third.
2. Easy cancellation
If you have lost faith in us, you can cancel your order at any time and get a full refund. If you haven’t received your ring and want to cancel your order, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
3. Greater transparency
To share information about the delays and shipping dates, we have opened this page for discussion: ouraring.com/waitlist. Check for weekly updates on estimated delivery times for your Oura ring here: ouraring.com/order-status.
• We will continue to tell you the number and models of rings shipped each week.
• We will update you with information on any delays based on weekly information from our suppliers. This may mean sharing information before we even have the full picture as a company, but it’s the right thing to do to regain your trust.
This page will be open for comments. We’ll listen to your suggestions and keep adding as much information as we can on this page. Please let us know what we can do to keep improving. We hope these are the first steps to regain some of the trust.
We will continue to pursue better days through better sleep. Thank you for believing in us and sharing the journey with us.
Harpreet Rai, CEO Oura Health
Answers to frequently asked questions
When is my ring estimated to ship?
- If you place your order now, it takes 9–12 week for your ring to ship. The actual time frame will depend on the specific ring color, size and model.
- If you already have placed your order, you can see the estimated shipping time for your ring at ouraring.com/order-status.
Why is someone who ordered a ring after me getting their ring before me?
- The rings are manufactured in model/color/size batches according to the production plan and current supply of covers. Once ready, each ring in these batches will then be sent out to whoever is first in line for that specific model, color and size.
- Consider an example: Mary orders a Heritage Silver size 6. Kate orders a Heritage Stealth size 8 on the same day. John orders a Heritage Silver size 10 a week later. In some cases, John may get his ring earlier IF the current batch being produced is Heritage Silver.
- We rotate the batches to 1) maximize the amount of rings produced and 2) ensure an even distribution between different models – depending on the supply of materials available. The goal is to get as many rings to you as possible, while also serving those who are first in line.
Why is my size, color and ring type delayed?
- We demand high precision from our factory assembly. The rigorous training process means that it takes time to train new personnel. We also source our materials very carefully because we want to make sure our rings are produced with the best materials out there. We have experienced delays with our titanium ring covers from our carefully selected suppliers. Together with the high demand for the Oura ring, this has resulted in delays.
- To increase the amount of rings produced every week, we have scaled up production by adding more assembly shifts and opening up more lines. We’re also scaling up a second manufacturing site.
Why are some colors shipped at different times than others?
- Orders are manufactured in model/color/size batches based on the current supply of material. The manufactured rings will be sent out straight away to those have made the order for that model first.
Will I be notified when my ring ships?
- Yes, you’ll receive a shipping notification with tracking details to your email once your ring leaves our facility. In the mean time, keep an eye on the ouraring.com/order-status page to stay up to date with your order.
Why do you have a waitlist?
- We currently have a waitlist due to the high demand of rings. We have also experienced delays in getting some of the materials needed to produce the rings.
What are you doing to solve the waitlist problem?
- We have been in contact with the supplier and urged them to deliver the materials as scheduled so we are able to fulfill our orders. We are also taking measures to make sure this is avoided in the future.
- We have scaled the production to capacity. We are fulfilling all the open orders as fast as we can by opening extra production lines, increasing the factory working hours and providing customers the understanding of current lead times.
- We’re also building stock as soon as we can for each model, size and color so ring lead times will shorten drastically.
Why can't you tell me exactly the day my ring will arrive?
- We purchase the materials in mass quantities months in advance to fulfill the incoming ring orders. Portions of the large supply order arrive in small batches to our facility and we manufacture rings from all the material we receive. When you order a ring, we cannot give you the exact date your ring will ship because it is dependent of the arrival of the exact materials needed to produce your ring model. We get a notification when this batch is completed and provide you with shipping details.
I haven't heard back from customer service, what's going on?
- We’re a young start-up growing super fast thanks to all of you. We are hiring and training new customer care agents to be able to fulfill your support requests within 24 hours. Thank you for your patience thus far.
- Our customer service team has received hundreds of emails everyday, mostly which are emails of people asking when their ring will arrive. This has created a backlog of messages. We will get back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, see if you can find an answer to your question in the Oura Help Center or this FAQ on this page.
How long does it take customer service to answer?
- We are a global team. The Customer Support team is located mostly in Finland. We are working regular business hours Monday–Friday. At the moment it can take up to 15–20 business days to respond during regular business hours. However, urgent messages will be prioritized due to the heavy inflow of new requests for shipment information. To make sure you can get an answer as fast as possible, we have been hiring and will continue hiring new people to the Customer Support team.
Order changes and returns
How do I cancel my order?
- Please contact email@example.com with your order number so our team can process your cancellation. Right now, please allow for 15–20 business days for our team to get back to you.
Can I modify my order and still hold my place in the waitlist?
- At this time if you need to change the color or model of your ring order, we will cancel your current order and you will need to place a new one at ouraring.com. Estimated delivery time is 9–12 weeks, if you place your order now
I returned my ring and I'm waiting for a replacement, why is this taking so long?
- We demand high precision from our factory assembly. The rigorous training process means that it takes time to train new personnel. We also source our materials very carefully because we want to make sure our rings are produced with the best materials out there. We have experienced delays in our titanium ring covers from our carefully selected suppliers. Together with the high demand for the Oura ring, this has resulted in delays.
- Due to high demand, we do not carry excessive an inventory and all rings are made to order, including replacement rings. Once your ring is ready to be shipped, you will receive a shipping notification via email. Rest assured your wait will be worth it!
- Replacements may take 9–12 week to deliver right now. The actual time frame will depend based on the specific ring color, size and model. Please see ouraring.com/order-status.
Rose Oura ring
Is the Rose Oura ring coming back?
- We are sold out of Rose Oura rings for good. We are unable to secure material to consistently fulfill the orders for Rose Oura rings and we have decided to remove it from the shop.
I ordered a Rose Oura ring, am I going to get it?
- If you haven’t received an email from us, your rose ring order is being processed.
- If you were among the last ones to order the Rose Oura ring, we may not be able to fulfill your order. Our team will email you about the order cancellation and let you know your options.
Last week we've shipped 2,497 rings!
Here's how many rings have been shipped in the last four weeks. (Last updated on February 19.)