Full Time / Finland, Helsinki
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to scale our backend and improve our development processes. You will be working with our backend development team. Together we are building a product that helps our users to get more restorative sleep, and to see how their lifestyle affects their body and mind.
We offer intellectually and technically interesting challenges that differ from a typical web app scaling. The Oura ring has tracked over 1M nights of biodata and helped people in over 50 countries to improve their sleep and recovery. And this is only the beginning.
We are running on AWS infrastructure and use key AWS services like EC2, RDS, S3, SQS and Cloudwatch. Currently we use CloudFormation and Ansible for configuration management and deployment.
We are looking for you, if you
- have experience in running, monitoring and debugging production systems at scale on AWS
- have solid experience in Ansible or other configuration management tools
- have a good grasp of SQL database best practices
- know how to troubleshoot issues ranging from network issues to database problems
- enjoy automating steps of deployment, testing and troubleshooting
- possess strong knowledge of industry-standard best practices in security
We appreciate if you have
- experience on configuring, monitoring and debugging data pipelines
- experience in PostgreSQL
As a DevOps Engineer at Oura, you will
- design and implement a scalable architecture together with our backend team
- implement Continuous Deployment processes
- select and implement monitoring solutions
- define our recovery procedures
- help to investigate and triage bugs with the rest of the team
We at Oura Health love what we do and will always strive to learn more and dig deeper into our research and analytics, to stay engaged and creative in everything we do. We respect our partners, privacy and the scientific method. We are helpful and friendly – especially when giving advice. We motivate, help and support the Oura community by giving constructive and personalized feedback for anyone who wants to optimize their mental and physical health and performance.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of over 40 experts in hardware engineering, software development, machine learning, bioscience, sleep, industrial and UX design, production, marketing and customer care. Our work culture is passionate but relaxed. At Oura, you’re allowed to speak your mind, grow and take responsibility.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
1. In your application, briefly describe something you have done and are proud of. Add links to products, companies and projects you have worked for. Tell us why you are excited about working at Oura, and attach your CV to your application.
2. We’ll start screening the applications as they arrive and invite potential candidates for an interview. In the interview, we want to learn more about you and what makes you tick. We’ll discuss your past projects and things that you are most proud of. We might ask you to write a brief assignment for us on spot, but do not worry, it’s nothing that bad!
3. We take every and each new recruitment seriously, so if we continue discussions after the initial interview, you will be invited to meet our team at Oura headquarters in Oulu. We are a distributed team between Oulu, Helsinki, San Francisco and a couple of other cities, but we are still a big family and you learn to know everyone.