At ŌURA we are building one of the world’s richest data sets for sleep and recovery, which offers us a unique position in developing product experiences that help our customers to improve their well-being. Managing and analyzing this data is critical for our success, and we are now looking for an experienced Python Backend Developer to strengthen our team.
Your responsibility is to design, develop, test, deploy and maintain the ŌURA backend software together with the rest of the team.
Our technology stack
Our backend stack is built on Amazon Web Services (AWS), utilising many AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, SNS and Lambda to manage our data flows. Our server software uses Python, SQLAlchemy and Tornado, nginx and PostgreSQL, and we use Ansible as a part of our deployment. Familiarity with all these technologies is not required – continuous learning is part of the job. However, it’s important that you have a good grasp of the benefits and tradeoffs of different backend technologies, such as relational databases, key-value databases and task queues.
- Great Python programming skills
- Good understanding of relational databases
- Solid experience of standard software development tools and practices: version control (git), issue tracking, unit testing and agile development processes
- Experience in running production backend systems, preferably on AWS
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- Work experience in AWS stack and efficiently managing and monitoring data flows
Ouraring is a health technology company founded in 2013. The company’s HQ and major manufacturing facilities are located in Oulu, Finland. Other locations include Helsinki, San Francisco (CA), Boulder (CO) and New York City. The company’s first product, the ŌURA wellness ring and app, was launched in 2015. In addition to the CES 2016 Best of Innovation award, the product has received among others the Fitness Award of the American Women’s Health Magazine in May 2016.