BACKEND DEVELOPER (PYTHON)
Full Time / Finland, Helsinki
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for Python backend developers to strengthen our team. Together we are building a product that helps our users to get more restorative sleep, and to see how their lifestyle affects their body and mind.
We offer intellectually and technically interesting challenges that differ from a typical web app scaling problems. The Oura ring has tracked millions of nights of biodata and helped people in over 70 countries to improve their sleep and recovery. And this is only the beginning.
We are running on AWS infrastructure and use key AWS services like EC2, RDS, S3 and SQS.
We are looking for you, if you
- have great Python programming skills
- have a good understanding of relational databases and SQL
- enjoy writing maintainable and testable code
- have a solid experience of standard software development tools and practices: version control (git), issue tracking, unit testing and agile development processes
- have pragmatic can-do attitude: shipping working software makes you happy
Although not necessary, we appreciate if you have
- experience in running, monitoring and debugging production systems at scale on AWS
As a backend developer at Oura, you will
- implement behavioral guidance algorithms together with our science team
- architect data schemas of Oura data
- design a data processing pipeline together with data scientists
- design and implement APIs used by our mobile and web apps and our external partners
We at Oura Health love what we do and will always strive to learn more and dig deeper into our research and analytics, to stay engaged and creative in everything we do. We respect our partners, privacy and the scientific method. We are helpful and friendly – especially when giving advice. We motivate, help and support the Oura community by giving constructive and personalized feedback for anyone who wants to optimize their mental and physical health and performance.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of over 40 experts in hardware engineering, software development, machine learning, bioscience, sleep, industrial and UX design, production, marketing and customer care. Our work culture is passionate but relaxed. At Oura, you’re allowed to speak your mind, grow and take responsibility.
Our recruitment process
- In your application, briefly describe something you have done and are proud of. Add links to products, companies and projects you have worked for. Tell us why you are excited about working at Oura, and attach your CV to your application.
- We’ll start screening the applications as they arrive and invite potential candidates for an interview. In the interview, we want to learn more about you and what makes you tick. We’ll discuss your past projects and things that you are most proud of. We might ask you to write a brief assignment for us on spot, but do not worry, it’s nothing that bad!
- We take every and each new recruitment seriously, so if we continue discussions after the initial interview, you will be invited to meet our team at Oura headquarters in Oulu. We are a distributed team between Oulu, Helsinki, San Francisco and a couple of other cities, but we are still a big family and you learn to know everyone.